The first two foals by grade II winner Air Commander are fillies foaled Feb. 16 and bred by Center Hills Farm.
The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association's champions for 2008 were named Aug. 15 at Remington Park. Kip Deville was voted Horse of the Year.
Distinction, by Seattle Slew, came through with his initial winner July 26 when a daughter, Phantom's Diva, won her first race.
Kipling, sire of this year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville, will stand at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector