The first two foals by grade II winner Air Commander are fillies foaled Feb. 16 and bred by Center Hills Farm.
The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association's champions for 2008 were named Aug. 15 at Remington Park. Kip Deville was voted Horse of the Year.
Distinction, by Seattle Slew, came through with his initial winner July 26 when a daughter, Phantom's Diva, won her first race.
Kipling, sire of this year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville, will stand at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?