Every catalog page at a horse auction tells a story, and the story behind hip 1225's page at the Fasig-Tipton October sale is a particularly interesting one.
- By Dan Liebman
Ernie Paragallo's attorney said his conviction places a 'burden' on owners. Are you kidding me? Read Blog
The trial of owner-breeder Ernie Paragallo on animal cruelty charges began Feb. 23 in Greene County Court in Catskill, N.Y., about 20 miles south of Albany.
Ernie Paragallo's indictment Aug. 6 added 13 new counts to the 22 counts of animal cruelty already faced by the New York breeder.
The New York group that is caring for horses rescued from Center Brook Farm has received a $10,000 donation from the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association to support the organization's programs and services for animals that are unwanted, neglected, lost and/or abused.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance April 23 announced that longtime NTRA Advantage partner and official supplier Hallway Feeds has donated 6,000 pounds of feed to aid the 170 horses suffering from malnourishment at Center Brook Farm near Climax, N.Y.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance announced April 21 that Pfizer Animal Health has pledged to donate equine health care supplies to aid the 170 horses suffering from malnourishment at Center Brook Farm in Climax, N.Y.
New York Thoroughbred breeder Ernie Paragallo was charged with 22 counts of cruelty to animals, the chief prosecutor in the case told The Blood-Horse April 10.
State regulators in New York have begun an investigation into undernourished mares that were given away by Thoroughbred owner and breeder Ernie Paragallo.
Graded stakes winner Griffinite will enter stud at Center Brook Farm near Climax, N.Y., for a fee of $4,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives