Alex's Pal, whose stakes winners include multiple grade II winner C C's Pal, will stand this year at Albert Geldmacher's Centennial Farm of New York near Gilbertsville, N.Y.
A son of Dynaformer sold for $700,000 to Don Little's Centennial Farms to kick-start day four of the 2007 Keeneland September yearling sale.
Centennial Farm's 4-year-old Corinthian signaled he's back on the beam with an impressive 9 1/2-length win over Shadwell Stable's Jazil, winner of the 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), in a Gulfstream Park allowance race Thursday.
A field of eight will take the gate for the May 28 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park, but most of the attention will be placed on Mr Sword who will carry a top weight of 118 pounds. Mr Sword could use the 1 1/8-mile race as a springboard toward the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Centennial Farm's 8-year-old Ground Storm overtook front-running Classic Endeavor on the home turn, and then held off a resolute Big Sid's Party by 1 1/4 length to win the $81,625 Stymie Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at nine furlongs at Aqueduct Park.
Centennial Farms' King Cugat launched a powerful closing run at the top of the stretch to catch pacesetter Mandarin Marsh at the wire, winning the $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) by a nose Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, the Bill Mott-trained King Cugat completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.63 on firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat