The 82nd running of the Selima Stakes for 2-year old fillies at Laurel Park Oct. 15 was the feature attraction as the track celebrated its centennial.
Graded stakes winner Chelokee will stand at the University of Arizona Equine Center near Tucson.
Centennial Farms' Chelokee will stand the 2009 breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
Corinthian, lengthy winner of the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, has been retired and will enter stud for a $40,000 fee at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
Corinthian, winner of this year's Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), will enter stud in 2008 at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth