The 82nd running of the Selima Stakes for 2-year old fillies at Laurel Park Oct. 15 was the feature attraction as the track celebrated its centennial.
Graded stakes winner Chelokee will stand at the University of Arizona Equine Center near Tucson.
Centennial Farms' Chelokee will stand the 2009 breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
Corinthian, lengthy winner of the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, has been retired and will enter stud for a $40,000 fee at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
Corinthian, winner of this year's Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), will enter stud in 2008 at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon