Little Red Feather Racing's grade I-winning mare Egg Drop will be retired from racing due to a small tear to her left front superficial digital flexor tendon.
Hoosier Park officials were given the green light Aug. 21 to break ground on a proposed 92,000 square-foot slot-machine casino.
- By James Platz
Hoosier Park officials decided Wednesday to forgo a temporary slots facility and build a 92,696-square-foot casino with permanent slots at the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
A bill to allow for pull-tabs at Indiana's two racetracks was relegated to committee, and likely killed Monday, by House Speaker Patrick Bauer because of the pending purchase of a minority interest in one of Hoosier Park's ownership groups by one of his campaign contributors.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Centaur Racing is making a second attempt within a year to increase its stake in Hoosier Park. The company must first shed a moratorium it incurred during its last effort to buy a greater share of the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale