Little Red Feather Racing's grade I-winning mare Egg Drop will be retired from racing due to a small tear to her left front superficial digital flexor tendon.
Hoosier Park officials were given the green light Aug. 21 to break ground on a proposed 92,000 square-foot slot-machine casino.
- By James Platz
Hoosier Park officials decided Wednesday to forgo a temporary slots facility and build a 92,696-square-foot casino with permanent slots at the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
A bill to allow for pull-tabs at Indiana's two racetracks was relegated to committee, and likely killed Monday, by House Speaker Patrick Bauer because of the pending purchase of a minority interest in one of Hoosier Park's ownership groups by one of his campaign contributors.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Centaur Racing is making a second attempt within a year to increase its stake in Hoosier Park. The company must first shed a moratorium it incurred during its last effort to buy a greater share of the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct