Little Red Feather Racing's grade I-winning mare Egg Drop will be retired from racing due to a small tear to her left front superficial digital flexor tendon.
Hoosier Park officials were given the green light Aug. 21 to break ground on a proposed 92,000 square-foot slot-machine casino.
- By James Platz
Hoosier Park officials decided Wednesday to forgo a temporary slots facility and build a 92,696-square-foot casino with permanent slots at the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
A bill to allow for pull-tabs at Indiana's two racetracks was relegated to committee, and likely killed Monday, by House Speaker Patrick Bauer because of the pending purchase of a minority interest in one of Hoosier Park's ownership groups by one of his campaign contributors.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Centaur Racing is making a second attempt within a year to increase its stake in Hoosier Park. The company must first shed a moratorium it incurred during its last effort to buy a greater share of the Anderson, Ind., racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Palm Meadows to Remain Open For Summer
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run