Always tough Wasted Tears returns to Southern California to defend her title in the $250,000 John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT) against a competitive field on the Del Mar turf Aug. 14.
Coming off a grade I win last month, Acclamation returns on the opening Saturday of the 2011 Del Mar season in the $300,00 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) July 23.
Review graded stakes from Independence Day weekend. View Slideshow
A two-time group I winner and Horse of the Year in her native Brazil, Celtic Princess finally notched her first stakes win in the United States in her sixth try, handily taking the Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 4.
Dubawi Heights, stepping into grade I company for the first time for trainer Simon Callaghan, collared pacesetter Celtic Princess just strides from the wire to win the $250,000 Gamely Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Front-running favorite Tizaqueena, craftily ridden by E.T. Baird, drew away in the stretch and held sway for a two-length victory in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) May 29 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother