Always tough Wasted Tears returns to Southern California to defend her title in the $250,000 John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT) against a competitive field on the Del Mar turf Aug. 14.
Coming off a grade I win last month, Acclamation returns on the opening Saturday of the 2011 Del Mar season in the $300,00 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) July 23.
Review graded stakes from Independence Day weekend. View Slideshow
A two-time group I winner and Horse of the Year in her native Brazil, Celtic Princess finally notched her first stakes win in the United States in her sixth try, handily taking the Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 4.
Dubawi Heights, stepping into grade I company for the first time for trainer Simon Callaghan, collared pacesetter Celtic Princess just strides from the wire to win the $250,000 Gamely Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Front-running favorite Tizaqueena, craftily ridden by E.T. Baird, drew away in the stretch and held sway for a two-length victory in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) May 29 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says