Mr. Wolverine spoiled the return of California star Lava Man in the $150,000 TVG Khaled Stakes April 27, getting control at the eighth pole and ambling to a 1 3/4-length victory at Hollywood Park.
The return of three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man and a 13-horse field in the richest event of the day, the $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief Stakes, highlights the $1.3-million Cal National Gold Rush program at Hollywood Park April 27.
Celtic Dreamin, runner-up in this year's $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic, was given the green light to make his turf debut this Sunday in Santa Anita's $100,000 added Crystal Water Handicap against California-breds after a sharp grass workout March 10.
Go Between's late-running victory in the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Santa Anita gave trainer Bill Mott his third victory in the eight-race series for California and Florida breds Jan. 26.
Grade II winner Diamond Stripes is the lukewarm favorite among a dozen entered for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Santa Anita Jan. 26.
A change in strategy by trainer William Morey Jr. and jockey Russell Baze helped propel the 4-year-old Bold Chieftain to the biggest win of his career in Oak Tree's $250,000 California Cup Classic at Santa Anita Nov. 3. It was another disappointing outcome for favored Lava Man, who faded in the stretch to finish off the board.
Despite struggling in his last two starts, Lava Man seems a clear standout against fellow state-breds in Oak Tree's $250,000 California Cup Classic presented by Smith Barney at Santa Anita Nov. 3.
Canadian Derby (Can-III) winner Footprint puts his three-race winning streak on the line against a field that looks significantly tougher in the $200,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Park Sept. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start