There will be a good deal of emotion surrounding Saturday's $250,000 Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park, as Lawyer Ron tries to extend his impressive three-race winning streak following the death his owner, James T. Hines Jr., who died in a swimming pool accident at his home earlier in the week.
Most Popular Stories
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'
- The Week in Photos for 9/30/2014
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- TOBA September Member of the Month
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Slideshow: Champions Challenge of Brazil
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing