David Menard and Richard Shultz' Celestial Legend, the winner of six of eight starts, is the 120-pound top weight and likely favorite in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico Race Course.
With a strong move in upper stretch, New Farm's New Jersey homebred Wild Gams handed favored Celestial Legend her first loss in seven starts in the $110,600-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on the Aqueduct inner dirt track Saturday.
Undefeated in six starts, Celestial Legend puts her streak on the line in the $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies going six furlongs at Aqueduct.
After winning all her preliminary bouts, Celestial Legend goes into the main event as the overwhelming 7-5 morning line choice to win the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship, scheduled as the sixth race on Monday at Laurel Park.
Trainer Gary Contessa sends out Sleeping in Sunday's $100,000-added Valley Stream at Aqueduct expecting his 2-year-old filly to bounce back from her last-place finish in Belmont Park's Astarita (gr. III) last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017