David Menard and Richard Shultz' Celestial Legend, the winner of six of eight starts, is the 120-pound top weight and likely favorite in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico Race Course.
With a strong move in upper stretch, New Farm's New Jersey homebred Wild Gams handed favored Celestial Legend her first loss in seven starts in the $110,600-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on the Aqueduct inner dirt track Saturday.
Undefeated in six starts, Celestial Legend puts her streak on the line in the $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies going six furlongs at Aqueduct.
After winning all her preliminary bouts, Celestial Legend goes into the main event as the overwhelming 7-5 morning line choice to win the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship, scheduled as the sixth race on Monday at Laurel Park.
Trainer Gary Contessa sends out Sleeping in Sunday's $100,000-added Valley Stream at Aqueduct expecting his 2-year-old filly to bounce back from her last-place finish in Belmont Park's Astarita (gr. III) last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score