Heriberto "Ocala" Cedano, longtime assistant to the late Hall of Fame trainer Phil "P.G." Johnson, registered his first victory as a trainer Monday afternoon when Fortunate Damsel led all the way to win the $112,300 Pebbles Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlighted the Columbus Day card at Belmont Park.
Heriberto "Ocala" Cedano, who had worked for Hall of Fame trainer Phil "P.G." Johnson for 33 years, finds himself in a new position when he saddles Fortunate Damsel in Monday's $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs over Saratoga's Mellon turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates