Lacadena, a 10-year-old Fasliyev mare in foal to Bernardini, was purchased by the Heider Family Stable for $1.3 million Nov. 3 during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Morton Fink's Lisa Danielle, the dam of Horse of the Year Wise Dan, was honored April 25 as Broodmare of the Year by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association at its annual awards luncheon.
Sheikh Mohammed topped trade at the Tattersalls December breeding stock sale for a third consecutive day, paying 1.8 million guineas for Lady Marian (by Nayef), winner of this year's Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I), Dec. 3 in England.
American buyers were an active presence at Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale, contributing to strong increases across the board.
An absolute auction of horses owned by Central Kentucky horseman Cecil Seaman was held June 3 at Billy and Allison Murphy's Ballinswood Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill