Morton Fink's Lisa Danielle, the dam of Horse of the Year Wise Dan, was honored April 25 as Broodmare of the Year by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association at its annual awards luncheon.
Sheikh Mohammed topped trade at the Tattersalls December breeding stock sale for a third consecutive day, paying 1.8 million guineas for Lady Marian (by Nayef), winner of this year's Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I), Dec. 3 in England.
American buyers were an active presence at Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale, contributing to strong increases across the board.
An absolute auction of horses owned by Central Kentucky horseman Cecil Seaman was held June 3 at Billy and Allison Murphy's Ballinswood Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- That Handicapping Show: Pennsylvania Derby