Cost of Freedom, claimed for $50,000 this summer by trainer John Sadler, repelled a strong bid from odds-on choice Street Boss to win the Ancient Title Stakes (gr. I) during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park Sept. 27. The victory earned Cost of Freedom a berth in the Sentient Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Zappa, the longest shot in the field, captured his graded stakes debut in the $150,000 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) at sizzling Santa Anita Jan. 12.
Fast Parade has bounced back from his aborted start in the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) and is likely to race in early January at Santa Anita. Trainer Peter Miller said that the gelding's blood count returned to normal once he got back to his home base of San Luis Rey Downs training center in Southern California.
Favored Fast Parade rallied from just off the pace to win Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) for turf sprinters at Woodbine.
Favored Geronimo, ridden by Kent Desormeaux, swooped late to get the nod over King Robyn and Jungle Prince Saturday in the $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Saturday at the Oak Tree meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend