Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Showing continued strength in the middle market seen at Keeneland September and the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale opened Monday with solid gains in both average and median. Monday's session, the first of two consignor preferred sessions, realized an average of $13,643 -- a 23.8% increase over last year's comparable figure of $11,019. The median, $9,500, posted a healthy 35.7% gain over last year's median of $7,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions