Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Showing continued strength in the middle market seen at Keeneland September and the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale opened Monday with solid gains in both average and median. Monday's session, the first of two consignor preferred sessions, realized an average of $13,643 -- a 23.8% increase over last year's comparable figure of $11,019. The median, $9,500, posted a healthy 35.7% gain over last year's median of $7,000.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Run in Haskell
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Highlander Features Battle of the Sexes
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea