Taylor's Special, who won the 1984 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) and earned more than $1 million, was euthanized Sept. 19 at Old Friends near Midway, Ky.
Lodge Hill, winner of the 2000 Breeders' Stakes for Eugene and Laura Melnyk and Bristow Farms, has been retired and will stand at Norse Ridge Farm near King Township, Ontario, Canada.
Watch Out World, a 2-year-old half-sister to Cavonnier, the 1996 Santa Anita Derby winner who nearly won the Kentucky Derby, won the second straight race of her career Wednesday, a $42,900 allowance race at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound