Taylor's Special, who won the 1984 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) and earned more than $1 million, was euthanized Sept. 19 at Old Friends near Midway, Ky.
Lodge Hill, winner of the 2000 Breeders' Stakes for Eugene and Laura Melnyk and Bristow Farms, has been retired and will stand at Norse Ridge Farm near King Township, Ontario, Canada.
Watch Out World, a 2-year-old half-sister to Cavonnier, the 1996 Santa Anita Derby winner who nearly won the Kentucky Derby, won the second straight race of her career Wednesday, a $42,900 allowance race at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler