Fifteen 3-year-olds, including one owned by Sheikh Mohammed, are set for the Hyacinth Stakes Feb. 19 at Tokyo Racecourse, which carries a qualifying opportunity to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1).
Mont Saint Legame tracked the pace in the Nov. 26 Cattleya Sho at Tokyo Racecourse, went by outside the leader in mid-straight, and claimed a 1 1/4-length victory, becoming the leading Japanese contender for the 2017 Kentucky Derby.
Republican Kentucky Sen. Damon Thayer spent more than an hour March 18 in a GOP caucus in an attempt to make a case for Instant Racing via statutory approval.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile