Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Tucked inside Barn 7 on the chilly backstretch of Beulah Park is a miracle and perhaps Thoroughbred racing's best kept secret. read blog
River Downs will host an "Old Friends Day" at the Cincinnati, Ohio track Sept. 5 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners held its annual awards banquet honoring the 2008 Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions Jan. 17 at the Darby House, Darby Dan Farm near Galloway, Ohio.
Two 2007 Ohio champions finished in a dead heat for win in the $50,000 Babst/Palacios Memorial Stakes May 3, closing day of the Beulah Park winter/spring meet.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners held their Annual Awards Banquet honoring the 2007 Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at the Darby House, Darby Dan Farm near Galloway, Ohio March 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby