Sarah's Secret, whose unbeaten streak ended at four when she weakened in the San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) this summer, returns to action in the $100,000 Harold Ramser Sr. Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita turf Oct. 16.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Gilbert Campbell's homebred Watch Me Go enters Derby fray & focuses spotlight on sire West Acre, from the immediate family of Tale of the Cat and Pulpit and Johannesburg and Minardi.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
The talented Cathy's Crunches, riding a three-race win steak in Northern California stakes for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, heads the field in the $100,000 California Oaks as the new year starts at Golden Gate.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Barretts Select Yearling Sale Stays Even
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp