Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Furthest Land, claimed for $35,000 less than a year ago, paid big dividends for his connections Sept. 26 as he ran down Dubious Miss in the final strides to win the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Classic (gr. II) by a neck at Turfway Park.
Lightly-raced Dynever collected his third straight win with an impressive 1 1/2-length victory over graded stakes winner Most Feared in Saturday's $500,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Mariensky has been primed for the Garden City Breeders' Cup (gr. I) spot after her troubled U.S. debut, while Craigsteel would relish a soft going in the Man o' War (gr. IT). The races are Sept. 7-8.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle