Winchester, the only United States-based horse taking part in the 2010 Cathay Pacific International Races at Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 12, drew post post position 3 for the HK$14 million Hong Kong Vase (HK-I).
The Hong Kong Jockey Club is working hard to recruit the best U.S. runners for the Cathay Pacific International Races on Dec. 14. Curlin is one of several Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders being pursued for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
Miss Andretti is widely regarded as the best sprinter on the planet. She leads the Global Sprint Challenge, is now in Hong Kong readying herself for the $2.5-million Cathay Pacific International Sprint (HK-I), and on Nov. 26 in Australia she was crowned Australian Racehorse of the Year.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club extended a late invitation Nov. 25 to connections of Hawkes Bay to join a star-studded international lineup in the HK$14-million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HKgr.I) at Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 9.
Darren Beadman is poised to make an astonishing recovery from a potentially serious knee injury inflicted when an unraced 3-year-old went berserk in the barriers before the second race at Sha Tin Racecourse Nov. 17.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will be announcing the invitees for the Cathay Pacific International Races Nov. 21, and it seems the club has succeeded in attracting its second Breeders' Cup winner to the "turf world championships."
The numbers may be down, but the quality is higher than ever for this year's Cathay Pacific International Races in Hong Kong in December, with Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) winner Dylan Thomas and runaway Global Sprint Challenge (Jpn-I) victor Miss Andretti leading an all-star nomination list.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks