Cristina Patino's Snow Fairy, a 6-year-old daughter of Intikhab who won six group I races in four different countries, has been retired.
Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms may have taken the worst of things in the Dec. 7 barrier draw for the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
Snow Fairy cemented her status as the finest 3-year-old filly in the world when she rallied from far back to nab Irian in the final 50 yards to win the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Dec. 12.
The new season group races cannot come soon enough for trainer John Moore and jockey Darren Beadman, who believe world-rated stayer Viva Pataca is "better than ever" as he builds up for a revenge tilt at the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16