Splendid Blended became the first 3-year-old filly to capture Hollywood Park's Vanity Handicap (gr. I) since It's In The Air in 1979 when she won by a head over determined Island Fashion in a desperate finish Sunday.
Coming off a dazzling seven-length victory in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on June 4, Andujar is the 6-5 favorite among nine fillies and mares in the $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Neil Drysdale, who has won the Vanity Handicap (gr. IT) three times, will try to capture Sunday's $300,000 invitational for fillies and mares with 3-year-old Splendid Blended, a feat last accomplished in 1979 by It's In The Air.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive