Splendid Blended became the first 3-year-old filly to capture Hollywood Park's Vanity Handicap (gr. I) since It's In The Air in 1979 when she won by a head over determined Island Fashion in a desperate finish Sunday.
Coming off a dazzling seven-length victory in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on June 4, Andujar is the 6-5 favorite among nine fillies and mares in the $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Neil Drysdale, who has won the Vanity Handicap (gr. IT) three times, will try to capture Sunday's $300,000 invitational for fillies and mares with 3-year-old Splendid Blended, a feat last accomplished in 1979 by It's In The Air.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration