Splendid Blended became the first 3-year-old filly to capture Hollywood Park's Vanity Handicap (gr. I) since It's In The Air in 1979 when she won by a head over determined Island Fashion in a desperate finish Sunday.
Coming off a dazzling seven-length victory in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on June 4, Andujar is the 6-5 favorite among nine fillies and mares in the $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Neil Drysdale, who has won the Vanity Handicap (gr. IT) three times, will try to capture Sunday's $300,000 invitational for fillies and mares with 3-year-old Splendid Blended, a feat last accomplished in 1979 by It's In The Air.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card