The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
The third day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 30 set a record for one-day turnover at a European foal sale as buyers paid 13,181,800 guineas ($22,175,874) for 182 weanlings on Nov. 30 in Newmarket.
Day one of Tattersalls' December Foal Sale set records all round in Newmarket Wednesday. The 2,110,600-guinea turnover was up 99% on 2004, the 9,771gns average increased 56% and the 6,500gns median rose by 76%.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score
- Lukes Alley Takes Gulfstream Park Turf
- Grade I Winner Strapping Groom to Panama
- Lady Shipman Aces Season Debut
- Bullet Work for Lecomte Runner-Up Tom's Ready
- Texas Red Ready to Get Back to Work
- Tommy Macho Sails Away in Fred Hooper
- Tammy the Torpedo Speeds to Suwannee Score
- Marquee Miss Edges Nickname at Oaklawn
- Governor Malibu Takes Gander at Aqueduct