Three-time Louisiana champion Costa Rising will enter stud at Val Murrell's Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La.
Urge to Splurge, a Successful Appeal filly, was purchased for $200,000 by Carrol Castille to top the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
Horse racing parallels life's experiences of highs and low in many ways and one need look no further, for a prime example, than Evangeline Downs trainer Carrol Castille.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack