Angled to the middle of the track for the stretch run by jockey Gabriel Saez, heavy choice Kodiak Kowboy overpowered his rivals in the $200,000 Donald LeVine Memorial Handicap to win by four lengths at Philadelphia Park June 27.
Double Bogey Stable's Semaphore Man, winner of the Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) in consecutive years and the lone graded stakes winner in a full field of 11 sprinters, tops the Aristides Stakes (gr. III) May 30 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby