Trainer Caspar Fownes was pointing the bay gelding to the Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3 (G1), a race in which Gun Pit finished second in 2016, with an eye on a Dubai World Cup (G1) return.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported a record for total handle during its 2013-14 season, which concluded July 6.
Caspar Fownes discusses Emirates Stakes Day.
It was a good day for the home team in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races Dec. 11 as locally based horses won three of the four features.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Caspar Fownes, who has Thumbs Up and Super Satin in the Hong Kong Vase, Green Birdie and Lucky Nine in the Hong Kong Sprint, and Fair Trade in the Hong Kong Mile. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
England's Ryan Moore is looking for his third jockey title in Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship Dec. 7.
Viva Pataca finally achieved his rightful place alongside the greats of Hong Kong racing when he was named Horse of the Year for 2008-09 at the annual Champions Awards.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture