Ladies Din highlights a contentious field entered in Santa Anita's Friday feature race, a one-mile allowance on turf in which eight of the nine starters last raced in a stakes event.
Edmund A. Gann's Fateful Dream raced in last place behind moderate fractions before rallying in the stretch to win the $107,100 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a length over National Anthem on Saturday at Hollywood Park. Under David Flores, Fateful Dream completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.65 on a firm turf course.
The $100,000-added Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park is expected to mark the North American bow of Argentine-bred star City West, second highweight at 119 pounds. City West, a 4-year-old colt in the Patrick Biancone barn, won four of five starts last year in Argentina, three of the victories in Group I competition. Eddie Delahoussaye has the call.
Richard Englander's Devine Wind collared pacesetter River Keen in the stretch and drew away to a one-length win over Irish Prize in the $200,000 Bay Meadows Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows. Claimed for $40,000 at Hollywood Park in May, Devine Wind earned $110,000 and his first stakes victory with the win.
Golden Gate Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Deploy Venture seeks to rebound from a sixth-place finish in the Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) when he takes on 118-pound highweight River Keen and four others in the $200,000 Bay Meadows Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill