Frank Calabrese's Romacaca gamely held off Snow Top Mountain by a neck in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT)at Arlington Park. The 6-year-old Running Stag mare covered the 1 3/16 miles in 1:56.67.
Romacaca takes the Taylor Made Matchmaker after favorite C. S. Silk encounters major trouble leaving the gate.
Saratoga grade II winner War Front came through with his first winner when his daughter Action Nine won July 23 at Woodbine.
Mac Diarmida, who starting winning and winning and winning once he was switched to the grass, was euthanized Sept. 8 at Kevin and Jessica Hartigan's Cashel Stud near Ocala, Fla.
The Thoroughbred holdings of the estate of Jeanne G. Vance, owner of 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Lemon Drop Kid, will be dispersed this year beginning with 11 offerings at the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale.
Bolstered by large final-session percentage increases in both average and median, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's Fall Mixed Sale ended Thursday with across the board increases in nearly every category except buy-back rate.
A weanling filly by Trippi, went to Dry Creek Stables for $31,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2003 Fall Mixed Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015