Frank Calabrese's Romacaca gamely held off Snow Top Mountain by a neck in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT)at Arlington Park. The 6-year-old Running Stag mare covered the 1 3/16 miles in 1:56.67.
Romacaca takes the Taylor Made Matchmaker after favorite C. S. Silk encounters major trouble leaving the gate.
Saratoga grade II winner War Front came through with his first winner when his daughter Action Nine won July 23 at Woodbine.
Mac Diarmida, who starting winning and winning and winning once he was switched to the grass, was euthanized Sept. 8 at Kevin and Jessica Hartigan's Cashel Stud near Ocala, Fla.
The Thoroughbred holdings of the estate of Jeanne G. Vance, owner of 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Lemon Drop Kid, will be dispersed this year beginning with 11 offerings at the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale.
Bolstered by large final-session percentage increases in both average and median, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's Fall Mixed Sale ended Thursday with across the board increases in nearly every category except buy-back rate.
A weanling filly by Trippi, went to Dry Creek Stables for $31,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2003 Fall Mixed Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas