Off for more than two months, Rothko made his 11-10 odds look like a bargain when he swept to victory in the $109,400 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) June 2 at Churchill Downs.
Riley Tucker and Cash Refund figure to be the top two in the $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs. The six-furlong stakes is one of three under the lights under the Twin Spires June 2.
Cash Refund had his final prep for the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) by working five furlongs in company in 1:00 1/5 over a fast track on a cool Oct. 29 morning at Churchill Downs.
Riley Tucker, who raced close to the pace during the early part of the May 29 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, found clear sailing along the rail entering the stretch on his way to two-length score.
Washington-bred ridgling Atta Boy Roy, who pulled a 10-1 upset in the Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) earlier this month, goes for another win under the Twin Spires May 29 in the $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III).
Capt. Candyman Can collected the fourth stakes win of his career when he out-kicked 4-5 favorite Cash Refund by three-quarters of a length in the $106,900 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs May 16.
Churchill Downs opened the 2009 spring meet April 25 with a cast of talented Derby Trial (gr. III) 3-year-olds lined up with the promise of spotlighting a potential star. And while Hull's victory was impressive, it was Richard, Bertram, and Elaine Klein's Cash Refund that drew raves 60 minutes earlier with a resounding seven-length triumph in a non-winners of two allowance race.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell