Richard Santulli's Tannery closed to finish fourth against males in the Sword Dancer Invitational (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course. On Sept. 2 she'll return to her own division in the Glens Falls Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Royal Delta blew It's Tricky away in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park Sept. 29, drawing off to a 9 1/2-length victory under wraps.
Royal Delta and It's Tricky look to recover from an Aug. 26 Personal Ensign (gr. I) upset and eye year-end honors when they meet for a fifth time Sept. 29 in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom and Pete handicap the Delaware Handicap and Virginia Derby. watch video
Besilu Stables' Royal Delta headlines the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) at Delaware Park July 21, but the champion filly will have to fend off an old nemesis in Awesome Maria.
Besilu Stable's Royal Delta worked five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 July 15 and will ship to Delaware Park for the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 21, trainer Bill Mott said.
Godolphin Racing's It's Tricky, a daughter of Mineshaft who has won or placed in 11 of 12 starts, wore down pacesetter Cash for Clunkers to win the Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I) on the Belmont Park Memorial Day card.
Awesome Maria carries highweight of 124 pounds against four rivals May 28 in Belmont Park's Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I). The Phipps is one of three grade I races on the Memorial Day card in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile