Jockey Casey Lambert, injured in a three-horse spill Monday at Lone Star Park, underwent reconstructive surgery Thursday at Methodist Hospital in Dallas to repair multiple breaks in his jaw.
Jockey Casey Lambert was transported to Methodist Hospital in Dallas early Monday evening after falling in a three-horse spill in the ninth race at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Ray Sibille, who rode 4,264 winners in a 35-year career before his retirement last July, is the winner of the 2005 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Sunday.
David Flores, Casey Lambert, Richard Migliore, Ray Sibille and Rick Wilson have been nominated for the 2005 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Thursday.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, the national leader in victories, swept both divisions of Saturday's Texas Thoroughbred Association Sales Futurity at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Sunland Park closed out its 2003-2004 season April 11 on a high note, with across the board increases, including establishing a new record for total amount handled in one day ($2,194,229) on Feb. 3. The track also established a record of 21 days where more than $1 million was handled.
Tomey Jean Swan was elected to her third term as chairman of the board of directors of the Jockeys' Guild at the 63rd annual National Assembly in Dallas, Tex.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules