Jockey Casey Lambert, injured in a three-horse spill Monday at Lone Star Park, underwent reconstructive surgery Thursday at Methodist Hospital in Dallas to repair multiple breaks in his jaw.
Jockey Casey Lambert was transported to Methodist Hospital in Dallas early Monday evening after falling in a three-horse spill in the ninth race at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Ray Sibille, who rode 4,264 winners in a 35-year career before his retirement last July, is the winner of the 2005 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Sunday.
David Flores, Casey Lambert, Richard Migliore, Ray Sibille and Rick Wilson have been nominated for the 2005 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Thursday.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, the national leader in victories, swept both divisions of Saturday's Texas Thoroughbred Association Sales Futurity at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Sunland Park closed out its 2003-2004 season April 11 on a high note, with across the board increases, including establishing a new record for total amount handled in one day ($2,194,229) on Feb. 3. The track also established a record of 21 days where more than $1 million was handled.
Tomey Jean Swan was elected to her third term as chairman of the board of directors of the Jockeys' Guild at the 63rd annual National Assembly in Dallas, Tex.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts