The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Eleanor M. Casey, matriarch of one of West Virginia's most successful racing families, died July 28 after an accident at Charles Town racetrack.
Luftikus, a graded stakes winner, came through with his first winner July 6 when his son Hold On Tight won by 13 1/4 lengths at Charles Town.
Multiple graded stakes winner Windsor Castle has been purchased by Jim Casey for stallion duty at the owner's Taylor Mountain Farm near Charles Town, W.Va.
The New York City Off Track Betting Corporation (NYCOTB) has rejoined the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity