Laugh Track, who has failed to duplicate his second-place finish in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) in two subsequent starts, returns to his favorite surface in the Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 12.
Flashback and Goldencents, acknowledged by most as the leading 3-year-old males in Southern California, meet for the first time in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 9 at Santa Anita Park.
Pete Denk and Frank Angst handicap the El Camino Real Derby and Mac Diarmida Stakes. watch video
California Derby champion Zeewat will face eight rivals, including a pair of colts trained by three-time Kentucky Derby winner Bob Baffert, in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 16.
Tom and Pete preview the CashCall Futurity. Watch Video
He's Had Enough, who missed by a head winning the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) last month, and Nashua Stakes (gr. II) victor Violence face a quartet from the Bob Baffert barn in the CashCall Futurity (gr. I).
Trainer Bob Baffert, long a major player in the CashCall Futurity (gr. I), formerly the Hollywood Futurity, expects to have four entrants in the Dec. 15 renewal.
Favored Carving, co-owned by Olympic gold medalist skier Bode Miller, made it back-to-back wins for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 10.
The revamped "Road to the Kentucky Derby" series kicks off Sept. 29 with points awarded to the top four finishers in the Juddmonte Royal Lodge (Eng-II) at Newmarket and the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Reddam Racing's Know More is the sole graded stakes winner in the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls