Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Uncaptured returns to the home of his Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) victory in hopes of also returning to winning ways in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 15.
Overanalyze, rebounding from a lackluster seasonal debut, overpowered his rivals in the drive to easily win the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. I) and stamp his ticket for this year's Run for the Roses.
War Academy has been installed as the 2-1 favorite in a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the 77th running of the Arkansas Derby (gr. I) April 13 at Oaklawn Park.
The $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) drew a competitive field of 11 sophomores seeking points to qualify for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), including Southwest Stakes (gr. III) winner Super Ninety Nine.
Michael Langford's recent purchase Carve was among the first horses to hit the track at Oaklawn Park early on the morning of March 10, breezing a half-mile before heavy rains left the track in sloppy condition.
Who, at this time, had heard of or paid any attention to Animal Kingdom, Big Brown, Mine That Bird, Funny Cide, War Emblem, Grindstone or Giacomo? read blog
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Thomason Elected to Horse Council Board