Irish-bred Torrestrella, supplemented by trainer Francois Rohaut to Sunday's Gainsborough Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) at Longchamp, paid off handsomely with a 1 1/2-length win in the 3-year-old filly Classic.
Three British awards ceremonies within a week honored people and horses from this year and the past.
Irish-based freshman stallion Fasliyev tied End Sweep's record mark of 34 2-year-olds from a year's crop when his daughter Ouimonamour won Nov. 4 at Maisons-Laffitte in France.
The Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) today proved an exciting affair, with Carry On Katie remaining unbeaten in three starts with a thrilling head victory over Majestic Desert.
Kentucky-bred juvenile filly Carry on Katie remained perfect in two career starts and earned her first group stakes win in the Peugeot Lowther Stakes (Eng-II) at York Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Run in Haskell
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Highlander Features Battle of the Sexes
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea