A son of Tale of the Cat got Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton selected sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course off to a roaring start when Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud Management went to a world-record $5.2 million to purchase the colt from the consignment of Robert Scanlon, agent.
A muscular bay Tale of the Cat colt shattered the record for a 2-year-old in training sold at public auction Tuesday when his price soared to $5.2-million during the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic