Committed, a champion sprinter in England and France and granddam of Eclipse Award winner English Channel, was euthanized May 3 at owner Gerald Ford's Diamond A Ranch near Versailles, Ky.
Carr de Naskra, the 1984 Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner who put up solid numbers as a stallion, was euthanized Oct. 15 because of foot problems.
Sublimity overtook former winners Hardy Eustace and Brave Inca at the last fence and raced clear to win the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham, England, on Tuesday.
Jockey Dennis Carr reached a career milestone Thursday at Golden Gate Fields when he recorded his 2,000th win aboard the 4-year-old filly Joan Elle in the fifth race.
The secret is out--Garrett O'Rourke, manager of Prince Khalid Abdullah's North American division of Juddmonte Farms, is this year's Kentucky farm manager of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race