Committed, a champion sprinter in England and France and granddam of Eclipse Award winner English Channel, was euthanized May 3 at owner Gerald Ford's Diamond A Ranch near Versailles, Ky.
Carr de Naskra, the 1984 Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner who put up solid numbers as a stallion, was euthanized Oct. 15 because of foot problems.
Sublimity overtook former winners Hardy Eustace and Brave Inca at the last fence and raced clear to win the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham, England, on Tuesday.
Jockey Dennis Carr reached a career milestone Thursday at Golden Gate Fields when he recorded his 2,000th win aboard the 4-year-old filly Joan Elle in the fifth race.
The secret is out--Garrett O'Rourke, manager of Prince Khalid Abdullah's North American division of Juddmonte Farms, is this year's Kentucky farm manager of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt