Trainer Carolyn Costigan was flying high in the winner's circle at Woodbine on June 13. Her filly Roan Inish had just pulled a mild upset in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks presented by Budweiser.
Roan Inish has the stamina and class to take on the boys in the July 4 Queen's Plate, the first race in Canada's Triple Crown.
Overlooked Roan Inish closed with a rush between horses to win the $484,812 Woodbine Oaks by a head over Moment of Majesty in a surprise finish at the Toronto track June 13.
Making her North American debut, the maiden Roan Inish swept past pacesetting Resentless in deep stretch to win the $232,235 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board