Trainer Carolyn Costigan was flying high in the winner's circle at Woodbine on June 13. Her filly Roan Inish had just pulled a mild upset in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks presented by Budweiser.
Roan Inish has the stamina and class to take on the boys in the July 4 Queen's Plate, the first race in Canada's Triple Crown.
Overlooked Roan Inish closed with a rush between horses to win the $484,812 Woodbine Oaks by a head over Moment of Majesty in a surprise finish at the Toronto track June 13.
Making her North American debut, the maiden Roan Inish swept past pacesetting Resentless in deep stretch to win the $232,235 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont