The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council will advise the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to adopt policies on the mineral cobalt in line with a Racing Medication and Testing Consortium recommendation.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium hopes to have a recommended testing threshold level by late April for a naturally occurring amino acid that has a calming effect on racehorses.
- By Tom LaMarra
The horse racing industry is taking a closer look at a relaxant that produces optimum results when administered within a few hours of a race. The prevalence of GABA, a supplement, is open to speculation.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen