The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation for the fifth consecutive year has received a $25,000 donation from the West Virginia Breeders Classics, held for the 28th time Oct. 18 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town.
- By Tom LaMarra
The West Virginia Breeders Classics celebrated 25 years Oct. 15 read blog
The 25th running of the West Virginia Breeders Classics, a night of stakes for West Virginia-bred horses, will offer $1.345 million in purses, officials said Aug. 18.
This year's West Virginia Breeders Classics program at Charles Town Races & Slots will be worth a record $2 million, organizers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga