The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation for the fifth consecutive year has received a $25,000 donation from the West Virginia Breeders Classics, held for the 28th time Oct. 18 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town.
- By Tom LaMarra
The West Virginia Breeders Classics celebrated 25 years Oct. 15 read blog
The 25th running of the West Virginia Breeders Classics, a night of stakes for West Virginia-bred horses, will offer $1.345 million in purses, officials said Aug. 18.
This year's West Virginia Breeders Classics program at Charles Town Races & Slots will be worth a record $2 million, organizers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work