The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation for the fifth consecutive year has received a $25,000 donation from the West Virginia Breeders Classics, held for the 28th time Oct. 18 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town.
- By Tom LaMarra
The West Virginia Breeders Classics celebrated 25 years Oct. 15 read blog
The 25th running of the West Virginia Breeders Classics, a night of stakes for West Virginia-bred horses, will offer $1.345 million in purses, officials said Aug. 18.
This year's West Virginia Breeders Classics program at Charles Town Races & Slots will be worth a record $2 million, organizers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont