The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation for the fifth consecutive year has received a $25,000 donation from the West Virginia Breeders Classics, held for the 28th time Oct. 18 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town.
- By Tom LaMarra
The West Virginia Breeders Classics celebrated 25 years Oct. 15 read blog
The 25th running of the West Virginia Breeders Classics, a night of stakes for West Virginia-bred horses, will offer $1.345 million in purses, officials said Aug. 18.
This year's West Virginia Breeders Classics program at Charles Town Races & Slots will be worth a record $2 million, organizers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes