Kazumi Yoshida's Maurice notched his second straight group I win and stayed unbeaten this year in taking the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 22 at Kyoto.
Gondokoro got an ideal stalking trip in the XXXX Gold Queensland Oaks (Aus-I) June 1 at Eagle Farm before making her winning move at the top of the straight to outstay 16 rivals and score by 2 3/4 lengths.
Carnegie, winner of the 1994 Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for Sheikh Mohammed, has been euthanized because of the infirmities of age.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Whobegotyou is the best runner to date by Street Cry, who shuttled for four years to Australia. The top-notch sprinter performed like a superstar in The Age Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) is now poised to show what he can do at distances longer than a mile. Whobegotyou is inbred to Mr. Prospector and Riverman, both within four generations.
A stellar list of 10 stallions, led by Elusive Quality and Street Cry in the U.S., will stand under the Darley banner in the Hunter Valley in 2003.
Carnegie Express has been taken from the barn of Gai Waterhouse and transferred to the care of David Payne, the South African conditioner who relocated to Sydney, Australia earlier this year.
The weanling portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's national mixed sale ended on Monday with downturns from the previous year.
On the eve of Carnegie Express's shot at a Triple Crown in the Australian Derby (Aust-I) on March 30, Darley has announced that his sire will work in Australia this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Fanticola Up to Defend Royal Heroine Title
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes