Everything came up roses for Carmandia, who made a bold move on the rail for jockey Mike Luzzi to sweep past the speedy Magnolia Jackson and register a two-length win in the $153,900 Bed o' Roses Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens has two of the five horses entered in the April 21 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct. He has won the race seven times, and his contenders this year are Any Limit and Swap Fliparoo.
Five shippers from Florida and New York will test local star Silmaril at Laurel Park Saturday in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares.
The two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale posted increases in gross, average, and median during its opening session Feb. 11 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
Grade I winner Malibu Mint meets the undefeated and potentially freakish Mo Cuishle in a strong renewal of Friday's $150,000 Top Flight Handicap presented by Delta Air Lines (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Trainer Dale Roman has the "horse for course" in Joint Effort, the tepid favorite in a field of 12 fillies and mares entered in the $150,000-added Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic