Rosa Stephany Taveras' Sr. Quisqueyano pulls away from odds-on Speak Logistics to win the $250,000 Calder Derby by 7 1/2 lengths.
Live Oak Plantation's Tacit Agreement won the $250,000 Bob Umphrey Marathon at two miles Saturday at Calder, the stakes highlight of "Extreme Day." The race was originally carded for turf but rained off to the main track.
A field of eight 3-year-olds is expected to contest Saturday's $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. I), going 1 1/8 miles at Thistledown. The field is highlighted by stakes winners Magna Graduate and Pinpoint.
Homebred Hal's Image won the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday for the Rose Family Stable and trainer Barry Rose.
Jean and Dale Howes' Final Prophecy registered a 57-1 surprise in winning the $150,000 Bonnie Heath Turf Cup at Calder Race Course Saturday in the Florida Million.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic