Rosa Stephany Taveras' Sr. Quisqueyano pulls away from odds-on Speak Logistics to win the $250,000 Calder Derby by 7 1/2 lengths.
Live Oak Plantation's Tacit Agreement won the $250,000 Bob Umphrey Marathon at two miles Saturday at Calder, the stakes highlight of "Extreme Day." The race was originally carded for turf but rained off to the main track.
A field of eight 3-year-olds is expected to contest Saturday's $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. I), going 1 1/8 miles at Thistledown. The field is highlighted by stakes winners Magna Graduate and Pinpoint.
Homebred Hal's Image won the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday for the Rose Family Stable and trainer Barry Rose.
Jean and Dale Howes' Final Prophecy registered a 57-1 surprise in winning the $150,000 Bonnie Heath Turf Cup at Calder Race Course Saturday in the Florida Million.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work