Rosa Stephany Taveras' Sr. Quisqueyano pulls away from odds-on Speak Logistics to win the $250,000 Calder Derby by 7 1/2 lengths.
Live Oak Plantation's Tacit Agreement won the $250,000 Bob Umphrey Marathon at two miles Saturday at Calder, the stakes highlight of "Extreme Day." The race was originally carded for turf but rained off to the main track.
A field of eight 3-year-olds is expected to contest Saturday's $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. I), going 1 1/8 miles at Thistledown. The field is highlighted by stakes winners Magna Graduate and Pinpoint.
Homebred Hal's Image won the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday for the Rose Family Stable and trainer Barry Rose.
Jean and Dale Howes' Final Prophecy registered a 57-1 surprise in winning the $150,000 Bonnie Heath Turf Cup at Calder Race Course Saturday in the Florida Million.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- A Racing Weekend of Stars