A Macho Uno colt who was a standout in the crowd lived up to expectations when he was sold for $825,000 to top the record-setting Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2011 Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Former Duke basketball star Bobby Hurley's Devil Eleven Farm has been slated for public sale after he and his wife, Leslie, agreed not to challenge foreclosure proceedings seeking to recover more than $3.3 million.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Trainer Van Winkle Earns 1,000th Career Win
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Daddy's More Than Home
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar
- Secretariat Photo Album