A Macho Uno colt who was a standout in the crowd lived up to expectations when he was sold for $825,000 to top the record-setting Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2011 Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Former Duke basketball star Bobby Hurley's Devil Eleven Farm has been slated for public sale after he and his wife, Leslie, agreed not to challenge foreclosure proceedings seeking to recover more than $3.3 million.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week