A Macho Uno colt who was a standout in the crowd lived up to expectations when he was sold for $825,000 to top the record-setting Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2011 Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Former Duke basketball star Bobby Hurley's Devil Eleven Farm has been slated for public sale after he and his wife, Leslie, agreed not to challenge foreclosure proceedings seeking to recover more than $3.3 million.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field