A Macho Uno colt who was a standout in the crowd lived up to expectations when he was sold for $825,000 to top the record-setting Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2011 Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Former Duke basketball star Bobby Hurley's Devil Eleven Farm has been slated for public sale after he and his wife, Leslie, agreed not to challenge foreclosure proceedings seeking to recover more than $3.3 million.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale