A Macho Uno colt who was a standout in the crowd lived up to expectations when he was sold for $825,000 to top the record-setting Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2011 Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Former Duke basketball star Bobby Hurley's Devil Eleven Farm has been slated for public sale after he and his wife, Leslie, agreed not to challenge foreclosure proceedings seeking to recover more than $3.3 million.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, under a new state law, could use the permit to run a not-for-profit Thoroughbred meet at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North