Jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center after being injured when his horse Break the Glass went down during the running of the third race Sept. 5 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. was taken to Monmouth Medical Center after being injured in the starting gate prior to the fifth race May 22 at Monmouth Park.
Jockeys Garrett Gomez and Carlos H. Marquez Jr. were taken to a nearby hospital after separate incidents at Monmouth Park. Gomez was taken after the seventh race; Marquez after the eighth.
When jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. returned to the winner's circle following his fifth and final win on Arlington Park's Saturday program, he accomplished a goal he had never previously reached in his 19-year career, and was quick to dedicate his personal milestone performance.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill