Jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center after being injured when his horse Break the Glass went down during the running of the third race Sept. 5 at Monmouth Park.
Jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. was taken to Monmouth Medical Center after being injured in the starting gate prior to the fifth race May 22 at Monmouth Park.
Jockeys Garrett Gomez and Carlos H. Marquez Jr. were taken to a nearby hospital after separate incidents at Monmouth Park. Gomez was taken after the seventh race; Marquez after the eighth.
When jockey Carlos H. Marquez Jr. returned to the winner's circle following his fifth and final win on Arlington Park's Saturday program, he accomplished a goal he had never previously reached in his 19-year career, and was quick to dedicate his personal milestone performance.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar