Average fields of just over eight horses per race might be enough for right now, but Gulfstream Park has the potential for fields larger than that during future summer meets, officials said.
John Patrick Unick, who has advised several Thoroughbred racetracks and horseman's groups in arranging workers' compensation insurance policies, is helping southeast Florida horsemen prepare a similar program for Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom