Carl R. Moore's Jet Black Magic turned the tables on 1-5 favorite La Appassionata and soared clear to victory in the $400,000 Delta Downs Princess Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 21 at Delta Downs.
For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Making his first turf start in more than a year, 21-1 longshot Mr. Nightlinger broke on top and never relinquished his lead, defeating 10 rivals to take the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths under Jamie Theriot April 13 at rainy Keeneland.
Account wagering companies that take bets on races from Lone Star Park must agree to a new formula that gives an equal share of pari-mutuel revenue to the racetrack, horsemen, and the wagering provider.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont