Finley'sluckycharm shipped the morning of Dec. 20 to California to attempt to prove she is the top 3-year-old sprinting filly in the nation in the Dec. 26 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Carl R. Moore's Jet Black Magic turned the tables on 1-5 favorite La Appassionata and soared clear to victory in the $400,000 Delta Downs Princess Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 21 at Delta Downs.
For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Making his first turf start in more than a year, 21-1 longshot Mr. Nightlinger broke on top and never relinquished his lead, defeating 10 rivals to take the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths under Jamie Theriot April 13 at rainy Keeneland.
Account wagering companies that take bets on races from Lone Star Park must agree to a new formula that gives an equal share of pari-mutuel revenue to the racetrack, horsemen, and the wagering provider.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome