For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Making his first turf start in more than a year, 21-1 longshot Mr. Nightlinger broke on top and never relinquished his lead, defeating 10 rivals to take the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths under Jamie Theriot April 13 at rainy Keeneland.
Account wagering companies that take bets on races from Lone Star Park must agree to a new formula that gives an equal share of pari-mutuel revenue to the racetrack, horsemen, and the wagering provider.
Most Popular Stories
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm