For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Making his first turf start in more than a year, 21-1 longshot Mr. Nightlinger broke on top and never relinquished his lead, defeating 10 rivals to take the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths under Jamie Theriot April 13 at rainy Keeneland.
Account wagering companies that take bets on races from Lone Star Park must agree to a new formula that gives an equal share of pari-mutuel revenue to the racetrack, horsemen, and the wagering provider.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Empire Dreams Rallies to Win Commentator
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size