For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Making his first turf start in more than a year, 21-1 longshot Mr. Nightlinger broke on top and never relinquished his lead, defeating 10 rivals to take the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths under Jamie Theriot April 13 at rainy Keeneland.
Account wagering companies that take bets on races from Lone Star Park must agree to a new formula that gives an equal share of pari-mutuel revenue to the racetrack, horsemen, and the wagering provider.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014