Filly Living The Life keeps forcing her connections to find new challenges for her, which puts a smile on the faces of owner Hank Nothhaft and trainer Gary Mandella.
Darby Dan Farm has hired Carl McEntee as director of sales and bloodstock at the Lexington-based facility.
Silver Train, a two-time grade I winner including the 2005 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died from colic Dec. 29 while shuttling to the United States from Brazil, Northview Stallion Station reported Dec. 30.
The Pennsylvania Senate May 10 approved a $27.6 billion state budget that restores almost $70 million that would have been cut from the slot machine-supported Race Horse Development Fund.
TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Silver Train will shuttle to Siquiera and Mercadante in Parana, Brazil, for the 2012 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
The Northview Stallion Station division in Pennsylvania will conduct a stallion showing from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 29 at the facility in Peach Bottom, Pa.
Silver Train, winner of the 2005 TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) and a leading second-crop sire, will relocate to Northview Stallion Station's Pennsylvanian division near Peach Bottom.
Carl McEntee is named director of bloodstock services for Northview Stallion Station in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Champion and dual classic winner Smarty Jones will shuttle to Uruguay for the 2011 Southern Hemisphere season.
Smarty Jones, whose wins in the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) while unbeaten catapulted him to celebrity status, is coming home.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis