Financier Carl Icahn is shutting down his successful Foxfield commercial breeding operation, selling all his mares and weanlings without reserve at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Carl Icahn's Meadow Star, the champion 2-year-old filly of 1990, died on Thursday, April 11, from complications from foaling a Fusaichi Pegasus colt.
He didn't make the list, but Nelson Bunker Hunt and his return to Thoroughbred racing was profiled in Forbes magazine's annual coverage of America's 400 wealthiest people.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup