Financier Carl Icahn is shutting down his successful Foxfield commercial breeding operation, selling all his mares and weanlings without reserve at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Carl Icahn's Meadow Star, the champion 2-year-old filly of 1990, died on Thursday, April 11, from complications from foaling a Fusaichi Pegasus colt.
He didn't make the list, but Nelson Bunker Hunt and his return to Thoroughbred racing was profiled in Forbes magazine's annual coverage of America's 400 wealthiest people.
Most Popular Stories
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Turfway Park Cancels Feb. 13 Races
- Nyquist Begins 2016 Campaign in San Vicente
- Calculator to Make Return at Santa Anita
- Discreetness, Collected Face Off in Southwest
- Green Gratto Among Nine in General George
- Saratoga Mischief to Return in Capossela
- TOBA Pedigree, Conformation Clinic Scheduled
- Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
- Mohaymen Returns to Work Tab at Palm Meadows