Crafty C.T., a consistent sprinter who has finished first, second or third in 11 of 13 career starts, returns to action Sunday in the $200,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Bruce Headley recently made his case for assigning less weight to his champion sprinter Kona Gold, who finished sixth and last in the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) in his last start Jan. 26.
Seeking to recapture the form she displayed last winter and spring, The Thoroughbred Corporation's Habibti will tangle with Madame Pietra in the $70,000-added Corona Handicap for fillies and mares Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Former New Yorker trainer Howard Zucker could have a sweet homecoming when he brings Carl Grether's Crafty C. T. from California for the Nov. 30 Cigar Mile (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud