Crafty C.T., a consistent sprinter who has finished first, second or third in 11 of 13 career starts, returns to action Sunday in the $200,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Bruce Headley recently made his case for assigning less weight to his champion sprinter Kona Gold, who finished sixth and last in the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) in his last start Jan. 26.
Seeking to recapture the form she displayed last winter and spring, The Thoroughbred Corporation's Habibti will tangle with Madame Pietra in the $70,000-added Corona Handicap for fillies and mares Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Former New Yorker trainer Howard Zucker could have a sweet homecoming when he brings Carl Grether's Crafty C. T. from California for the Nov. 30 Cigar Mile (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks