Crafty C.T., a consistent sprinter who has finished first, second or third in 11 of 13 career starts, returns to action Sunday in the $200,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Bruce Headley recently made his case for assigning less weight to his champion sprinter Kona Gold, who finished sixth and last in the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) in his last start Jan. 26.
Seeking to recapture the form she displayed last winter and spring, The Thoroughbred Corporation's Habibti will tangle with Madame Pietra in the $70,000-added Corona Handicap for fillies and mares Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Former New Yorker trainer Howard Zucker could have a sweet homecoming when he brings Carl Grether's Crafty C. T. from California for the Nov. 30 Cigar Mile (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings