Queen's Plate winner Wild Desert, who had been training sharply in preparation for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 27, will miss the "Mid-Summer Derby" and likely be out the rest of the year due to a suspensory injury, according to trainer Richard Dutrow.
Ken McPeek-trained Kansas City Boy, runner-up in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), turned in a five-furlong breeze Feb. 28 at Gulfstream Park in preparation for Saturday's $300,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland