Queen's Plate winner Wild Desert, who had been training sharply in preparation for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 27, will miss the "Mid-Summer Derby" and likely be out the rest of the year due to a suspensory injury, according to trainer Richard Dutrow.
Ken McPeek-trained Kansas City Boy, runner-up in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), turned in a five-furlong breeze Feb. 28 at Gulfstream Park in preparation for Saturday's $300,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition